Friday, January 17, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #2

Thing #2...Mobile Device Tips.

You would think that after having my tablet for a little more than a year, I would have discovered all of these things on my own. No, I guess I haven't experimented enough with it. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and I love it. It does everything that I wanted it to do.

Except...I didn't like the fact that I would have to keep touching the screen to keep it from going dark while I was trying to read a page. Bingo! Guess what one of the tips was? How to keep it from doing that without changing the setting for the screen timeout. The tablet comes with a "Smart Screen" Setting. How did I miss that? It uses the front camera to monitor if you are looking at the tablet. If you are, it keeps the screen from timing out. If you aren't, regular timeout applies. Cool!

I looked around at other tips, and found a few other little ones, plus a slew of youtube videos. I'm going to need to take a whole afternoon to sift through those. It's never too late to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment