Monday, January 20, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #4

Thing #4...Keeping Up

RSS Feeds. Once upon a time, I had Google Reader. Apparently, it helped keep me so up to date that I didn't even know that it ceased to exist all the way back in July of 2013. I just figured that maybe RSS feeds wouldn't work for me. I have problems enough keeping up with my Twitter Feed.

Little did I know that 23 Mobile Things would give me the solution to keeping up with with RSS feeds with the bonus that I'll be able to keep up with my Twitter. All in one App! I can do this using Flipboard. I downloaded it on my tablet, and took a look around. I really like the layout. Everything from the news to my Facebook feed to my Twitter feed, all on one page. I like the fact that I can add whatever I like to the page. I think I'll be using this one a lot.

The other app that they recommended was Zite. It is billed as a Personal Magazine. When you sign up for an account, they give you a checklist of things that you might be interested in. Then when you go into the app, it will give you articles that you might be interested in. I don't think that I will use this one quite as often, but it did bring up some very interesting articles that I really enjoyed reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment